5/21/08

Divorce what you hate about yourself

I have a friend who says, "You can only make a change when you become sick and tired of yourself." She claims that it's easy to tolerate being sick and tired of someone else, but nearly impossible to tolerate being sick and tired of yourself for any length of time without slowly starting to change.

Tonight, I'm feeling like I want less debt, more freedom, a brighter smile. I want funny friends and a little room in the margins to hang out and host cowgirl brunches and backyard barbeques. Maybe I'll downsize and a loosen my grip on life while I'm at it.

Do I need a lawyer ... or a priest? A personal coach or a stylist? What will get me there? Shall I try vitamins or medicine? A good cry or a belly laugh?

I bet it's all of the above, but not all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment